Well, finally a list that can’t possibly contain any John Irving (but see what I did there, slipped the name in… Are you thinking about Owen Meany now?!).
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a new ‘top ten’ challenge is posted – anyone can join in. This week’s topic is Top Ten Favorite New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2012.
1. Chad Harbach – The Art of Fielding took Harbach ten years to write. I sincerely hope we don’t have to wait a decade for his next book.
2. Emily Perkins – New Zealand born Perkins thrilled me with her exquisite saga, The Forrests.
3. Laura Dave – for sharp chick-lit.
5. Lisa Klaussman – I’m a bit in love with Tigers in Red Weather… Again, a debut book so I’m excited to see what’s next.
6. T.C. Boyle – Boyle has written a bunch of books, predominantly based on historical fact. I thoroughly enjoyed The Women.
7. Chloe Hooper – emerging Australian author Hooper wrote The Engagement, a story with an ending that I’m still thinking about.
8. Michael Chabon – it’s great discovering an author who has already published loads of books.
9. Charles Baxter – ditto above. After finishing The Feast of Love, I raced out and bought some of his other titles.
10. David Park – ditto again. There are lots more of Park’s books for me to discover.