This is it folks – the only time you’re likely to see Henry James and Judith Krantz mentioned in the same list.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a new ‘top ten’ challenge is posted – anyone can join in. This week’s topic is Top Ten (or in my case, eight) Authors I’m Thankful For.
1. John Irving – master story-teller and the creator of the most memorable characters.
2. Judy Blume – for everything.
3. E. L. James – for providing my girlfriends and I with SO MANY laughs whilst reading aloud. For the record, reading FSoG in a monotone has become my girls-weekend-away-party-trick.
4. Charlotte Wood – not only a beautiful writer but an awesome recommender of books.
5. Joyce Lankester Brisley – because Milly Molly Mandy stories were the first books that I read under the covers by torch-light. I just couldn’t put them down. I was six.
6. Henry James – for writing stories that had me engrossed me in classic literature from a young(ish) age.
7. Judith Krantz – for teenage flashlight worthy sagas.
8. Gretchen Rubin – for writing The Happiness Project, the book that got me blogging (the book gave me ‘permission’ to spend more time doing the things I love – reading, writing and swimming).