Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a new ‘top ten’ challenge is posted – anyone can join in.
I don’t participate in Top Ten Tuesday every week. Some of the topics grab me more than others and I admit that I was initially going to pass on this week’s topic – Top Ten Bookish People You Want To Meet (Authors, Bloggers, etc.). However, I’ve stretched the topic a little and included a few characters amongst those bookish people I’d like to meet. So, here’s my ecclectic list –
1. Author EL James’ teenage son(s) – they must be MORTIFIED
2. Author Lewis Carroll – what was going on in his head?!
3. Author John Irving – so I could just stand there, star-struck.
4. Children’s author/illustrator Oliver Jeffers – mummy-crush.
5. Rory at Fourth Street Review – of all the blogs I’ve come across in my short time blogging, Rory has the closest reading taste to my own. I’m sure we would have lots to talk about.
6. Jo from Little Women – what avid reader didn’t imagine herself as Jo at some point?
7. Author Joyce Lankester Brisley because her delightful Milly-Molly-Mandy stories made me a reader from a very young age.
8. Author Dr Seuss – ditto no. 2 above.
9. The person who invented the Kindle. I love printed books with a passion… but I also love being able to take 100+ books on holiday with me, packed neatly in my Kindle.
10. Gilbert in Anne of Green Gables – teenage crush.