In July, I was book blogger extraordinaire, managing a post every two days or so. August…not so much. I have been reading (and have a few reviews to come) but work and family commitments have sucked my time. Added to that, I’ve had a mediocre run on the book front. I haven’t read bad books but apart from Tigers in Red Weather, there hasn’t been many of those books that have me reading while I make the kid’s breakfast/lunch/dinner (yes, I can clear the table with a book in hand) or plotting an ‘early night’ so that I can get into bed and read for an hour.
The Broke and the Bookish posted a nice little ‘bookish survey’ today – perfect fodder for a quick post!
1. The book I’m currently reading – I started The Dinner by Herman Koch last night.
2. The last book I finished – The Engagement by Chloe Hooper – will post a review in the next day or so.
3. The next book I want to read – Swimming Studies by Leanne Shapton
4. The last book I bought – Sweet Tooth by Ian McEwan… I might just read it next.
5. The last book I was given – I am going to define ‘given’ as including ‘lent’ and that was Foal’s Bread by Gillian Mears – lent by my avid-reader-sister-in-law yesterday. I’m a bit nervous because she lent me her copy signed by Mears!